Experiencing Reflexology with Ajnamat
Reflexology is a technique that involves the application of gentle pressure to specific points on the hands, ears and feet. Generally, reflexology is relaxing and is an effective method to relieve stress and calm both the body and mind.
The theory that lies behind reflexology is that the points in the areas of feet and hands correspond to various organs and organ systems in the body. These points also follow specific energy pathways known as meridians. Proponents of reflexology believe that when pressure is applied to these specialized points, the unblocked and stagnant energy is released resulting in an improved flow of energy and blood to these organs which benefits the health of both the organ and person as a whole.
According to studies reflexology may decrease various types of pains and aches and also psychological symptoms including depression and anxiety and improve sleep. It also significantly reduces blood pressure and improves physical performance and balance of a person. Studies also demonstrate that reflexology also benefits as palliative care for patients suffering from cancer.
Use of Ajnamats in Reflexology
You can use Acupressure mats for getting the benefits of reflexology in the comfort of your home. The goal of Ajnamat is to restore balance and health to your body. Each acupressure mat has more than 5000 spikes that are designed specially to put gentle pressure on the specific points (meridians) of your body and release the stagnant and unblocked energy; thereby, relieving tension and activating the natural healing power of your body.
You can use Ajnamat for reflexology on your feet by using it while standing or sitting on a chair daily for a time ranging between five and 45 minutes; however, for pain relief, it is recommended that you should use it for at least 20 minutes.
Benefits of Acupressure Mats and Reflexology
Though your whole body will feel relaxed and calm by using an acupressure mat regularly, some of the benefits that you may experience are:
- Your chronic aches and pain are relieved such as back pain, leg pain, muscle pain, shoulder pain etc.
- Your quality of sleep is improved.
- As acupressure stimulates the release of endorphins (the feel good hormones), your mood is improved.
- Stress is eliminated from your body.
- The circulation of blood is improved, which also improves pain and aids in the healing of injuries.
- It helps in energizing your body.
- It improves the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Who Can Benefit From Ajnamat?
There are usually no gender and age restrictions for the use of acupressure mats. Any individual who needs instant relief from joint pain, back pain, insomnia etc. may use them and get instant results. Some of the people who may use them are:
- People who have chronic pain in lower back.
- People who do get regular sleep due to stress.
- People who have generalized body pain.
- People who are involved in sports or other activities that require vigorous physical workout.
- People, who hike, trek or regularly participate in other types of adventure sports activities.
About the Author- Dr. Ritu Goel
As a certified homeopathic physician and nutritionist, Rita has worked for more than 10 years in the healthcare industry in various organizations as a physician and fitness and nutrition expert.
Rita also holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Care Management from Symbiosis University, Pune, India, as well as a certificate in dietetics and nutrition.